We are hiring a Financial Administrator. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of accounting principles, experience with QuickBooks and Excel, be detail oriented and organized, and have a commitment to helping seniors and their families. We prefer candidates with some life experience because good seasoned judgment is essential to our mission of using our expertise to promote self-determination, dignity and the best possible quality of life.
This is a part-time job (30-35 hours a week) and does not provide health insurance. Pay is hourly, between $16 and $20 per hour depending on experience. Scheduling can be flexible and I encourage and pay for ongoing continuing training related to the job.
If interested, please send us your resume and a letter explaining why you are interested in working with our firm. Email to Keelin@KeelinLaw.com or send by regular mail.
Legal Assistant for Financial Management
This Legal Assistant is responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting to attorney regarding guardianship estates, decedents’ estates and law office finances. The Legal Assistant will have a working knowledge of basic accounting principles, QuickBooks and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team within a mission-driven elder law office which seeks to promote autonomy and the highest possible quality of life for its clients.
Tasks include performing or monitoring the following tasks:
- Managing relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Setting up bank accounts, including primary client accounts, client personal spending accounts, Irrevocable Burial Accounts, and decedents’ estate accounts.
- Use QuickBooks, Excel and Abacus Law to monitor finances of persons under guardianship, decedents’ estates, and the law office.
- Work with senior paralegal to marshal assets.
- Pay bills for clients under guardianship, decedents’ estates, and law office.
- Reconcile client and law office accounts each month.
- Trouble shoot client and office bill problems.
- Prepare QuickBooks reports for court reporting, tax and other purposes.
- Generate invoices from Abacus Law and Accounting.
- Assist in developing client budgets, Inventories, Petitions for Allowance, Medical Assistance Applications, rent rebate applications, and other.
- Track client spend downs and monitor balances re: when clients are approaching eligibility for public benefits and/or outside of allowable resource limits.
The Legal Assistant will also participate in staff meetings, assist with answering the phones, and help to design the ever-evolving systems which allow us to better serve our clients.